Monday, May 21, 2007

Let Them Eat Carrot Cake...

Well actually, "Let them eat rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns" would have been a more accurate translation of the historic dietary advice, had indeed Marie Antoinette ever said such a cruel thing: the poor have no peasants' pain? Then let them have the brioches of the rich.

Allowing then that these are the wrong words of a wronged woman, I am this evening of a mind they are much deserved. And to whom should they be uttered? Why, vegetarians of course.

As a committed carnivore I regard the lentil brigade much as I do some obscure religious sect - to be tolerated as barking, but only so long as they don't come knocking on my door.

If veggies can't stomach a Mars Bar because of its animal product content, then let them eat carrot cake say I.

Far better for them of course, and shame on Masterfood for their craven surrender.

No comments: