Saturday, May 03, 2008

One Year, Another Day...

...Some months back I watched a documentary on the mass trade in Chinese children - boys kidnapped to be the one male heir, and now girls to mate in time with the boys.

A mother sat weeping, crying out in her pain: "Each day I wonder where he is, what he is doing, if he well. When it rains is there someone to keep him dry? If he weeps does someone wipe his tears? I should be doing this, but if I cannot I can only pray that someone is."

A year's anniversary of the abduction of Madeleine McCann and we too pray that her life is nourished and nurtured, not cruel and scared. The imaginings of that life must always be with Kate and Gerry.

One year of loss, another day of wondering and hoping and praying.

Wherever she is, may - as He most assuredly does - the Lord hold her in the palm of his hand, keep her safe from harm. One day to return her.

No comments: