Saturday, December 22, 2007

Catholic Blair...

...so Tony 'Warmonger' Blair has become a Roman Catholic has he?

Not sure whether one should pray for him or for them.

One great mercy. Though chances were slim that he should ever have popped in to one of our services, I did fear the consequences. For had it so passed, I should have in all fairness have been obliged to slip out of my cosy seat in the sanctuary and slapped his face.

Not merely, you must understand, to show my disapproval of the man and all his works, but also to forestall H who avowed she would bite his leg if he ever dared to show his face in our place.

'Vicar hauled off to clink after PM slap' is a headline I could be proud of, but 'Vicar's wife eats PM alive' would be just too much to take.

Anyway, good luck to them all. Wonder who will be the first to offer him the 'Sign of Peace' at Midnight Mass!

No comments: